Tuesday, January 20, 2009

What a difference a year makes?!

I cannot believe the massive changes that have happened with Calgary Moms over the past year. Yes, I suck at updating this blog.. I actually forgot it was here... oops!

Anyways.. things have been moving right along on the forum.. Calgary Moms Community is growing in a LARGE way.. massive amounts of posts.. moms asking hundreds of questions.. moms just chatting about daily life.. (potty training and pregnancy top the charts) lol

We now have 3,987 register members... wow! That is amazing.. and 726,984 posts on the boards. eek! This will change in the next few weeks because I will be doing a pruning of posts from 2005 and 2006. So the post counts will change. Yep, that's right the community has been thriving since March 2005.

We have been working on adding classes for moms to attend. From parenting classes & cooking classes to self defense classes and depression classes we are trying to provide a little something for everyone. Oh, and more playgroups have been added. Moms Night Outs are a ton of fun.. and the pregnancy groups are enjoying their pregnancy chats.. I'm not sure what goes on at a pregnancy group.. well because I'm not pregnant.. but it sounds like they have fun. lol

We are still trying to find out a way to get more toc (thinking of conceiving) & ttc (trying to conceive) moms to join up.. I guess they see Calgary "Moms" and think it's only for moms.. if anyone has any ideas.. let me know. ;)

:)